Wednesday, June 3, 2009

STOP THE TIME!!!

I had NO idea 5th graduation would be so emotional for me! You really don't believe time flies by until you are a parent ... I truly believe that!

This graduation ceremony was so special. They had a DVD slide show of all the kids growing up together from Kindergarten to now. It was so sweet!
The thing that brought me to tears was: After the ceremony we walk the halls of the school "one last time". So - as we were walking from the cafeteria all of the students and teachers were in the hall clapping and "high-five'ing" and wishing them off to a new start in a new big school! I'm so thankful for camera that I could hide behind and not let Hannah know I was crying (she would have thought I was sad - but really I was so PROUD)!
Every mom around me was "boo -hoo'ing". :)

I dropped Mammy and Lucas off at my house and then headed to the 5th grade picnic at a HUGE park near the school... I held my "happy" tears in until then! :)

PS - thanks a lot Ashlee for LAUGHING at me when I called you crying in the car! Actually, you apologized for laughing... and then laughed more! xoxoxo


Hannah accepting her awards (sorry the pic is so dark - cafeteria lighting is so bad!)
Her class
walking the halls for the last time
the sweet applause

She is so beautiful! I am so blessed!
Hannah and her 5th grade teacher. She is a GREAT teacher! We've really enjoyed her this year!

a few of her peeps...

She is my reason for existence ... and - I need a tan! :)

A few of the moms I adore!


Mammy, Lucas & Hannah

Hannah and her BFF Lauren at the picnic after the ceremony
Being typical girls... laughing - laughing - laughing!


Now they are off... chasing each other. Enjoying one last FABULOUS recess!

Sneaking my Sonic water with lime!

100% Hannah



I'm not sure WHY Hannah decided to go ahead and add Mr. Dorito to the picture, but oh well!

1 comment:

Zack, Ashlee and Reese said...

Hannah is beautiful and you are super blessed to have her!! Yay Hannah! Here comes middle school! Woohooo! So sorry Katie for laughing while you were sobbing! I didn't mean too.....I just think you're funny! :)