Now to get all emotional and weepy - A few days ago I took Lucas to a different park than the one in our n'hood. We were in the toddler section and he was at the top of the slide (which is shorter than me) and I was standing there waiting for him to go down... just then he reached out his little hand to hold my finger as he slid down. I'm not sure WHY I got so emotional over that... Then I started thinking... I could think of a few reasons:
Here I have this little guy needing me, still wanting my hand to guide him.
A short distance away I have my 5th grader who isn't needing as much, who's not wanting me to come to lunch or go on field trips (unless I'm talking with the other parents {sigh}). But, it's funny because at home (behind close doors) she's 100% opposite. I know that she is just doing things that are "normal", but it still STINKS! It was just a weird epiphany moment I had...? I do love everything she's going through and I'm trying so hard to embrace it rather than get annoyed w/ the "tween-tude". It's hard for her - adolescence STINKS! So, I'm trying to embrace it (with help from a little wine - ha!)
Another reason why I got some emotional is my friend Sarah who lost her toddler in January. I think and pray for her everyday and my heart as a mom is broken for her. Having Lucas reach to me in such a silly innocent way made me cry, because she would give her soul to have that! :*(
Since sweet Wyatt's passing I've not taken advantage of one moment -the peace Lucas has when sleeping, playing with his trucks, admiring Hannah, laughing at a squirrel, even the little fits he's starting to throw...
Please continue to pray for Sarah and her husband to help them just get through the day...
Hug and kiss your babies tight!
They grow up fast and you never know what tomorrow will bring.











1 comment:
You should be a professional photographer!
Post a Comment