I was recently sent an email with this attached. I could not agree with this method of parenting more! I think a lot of today's parents are too "busy" and put their children in front of the
TV, game system, computer etc...
Which I am very guilty of sometimes too - it IS
convenient when you are trying to get something done - I get that, but what's frustrating is the ones who do it day in and day out! This article hits many of my "parent peeves". The kids that can go around and act the way they want - and the parents make
excuses etc...
ARGH!!!
To me this is one of the things that makes a good parent. It's OK that they cry if they don't like something mom
or dad says... you know what's good for them. It's OK that their feelings are hurt sometimes by "rules"... To me it's a wonderful way to show your child you love them.
Anyway - GREAT ARTICLE!
1 comment:
Amen to that! :)
Post a Comment