Thursday, September 11, 2008

So proud to be an AMERICAN

September 11th... Such a powerful date

It's hard to believe what was happening 7 years ago today. No one will forget where they were when they heard the news. I remember how terrified I was... Not knowing what was going on and just holding Hannah and crying while watching the news. I couldn't turn the TV off - Angela (my roomie at the time) and I were in pure disbelief! The most surreal thing was to look up in the sky for several days and not see or hear an airplane... I remember the first time I went out to eat with a friend (like 2 month's later) the guilt I felt for actually going out and having "a good time". I felt I should be mourning still.
For once children and adults were on the same level - no one knew what was going on? No one had an answer as to WHY anyone could plan out such horrific attacks.
I am so proud to be an American - I remember the chill bumps I got seeing EVERYONE fly that beautiful flag high and PROUD for such a long time. For a time America actually felt united... not "right wing" - "left wing"... just American!

Please remember to continue to pray for the families that lost their loved ones, the ones that never met their fathers, the brave souls that risked their lives in the attempt to save another... Please pray to keep our troops safe while they are fighting RIGHT NOW for US and this amazing country! Please put aside your political views and pray for the next leader of this country (which ever it may be) that they protect this precious land.
Everyone is very critical of President Bush and how he's "failed" as a President...
THANK YOU PRESIDENT BUSH for keeping us safe the past 7 years!
PLEASE PRAY FOR PEACE

Take time to remember and reflect today - please. Hug your family.








“This is a day when all Americans from every walk of life unite in our resolve for justice and peace. America has stood down to enemies before, and we will do so this time. None of us will ever forget this day. Yet, we go forward to defend freedom and all that is good and just in our world.”
George W. Bush
September 11, 2001




Here is a poem I found as a tribute to 9/11
If I knew

If I knew it would be the last time
That I'd see you fall asleep,
I would tuck you in more tightly and pray the Lord,
your soul to keep.
If I knew it would be the last time that I see you walk out the door,
I would give you a hug and kiss and call you back for one more.
If I knew it would be the last time I'd hear your voice lifted up in praise,
I would video tape each action and word,
so I could play them back day after day.
If I knew it would be the last time,
I could spare an extra minute to stop and say "I love you,"
instead of assuming you would KNOW I do.
If I knew it would be the last time I would be there to share your day,
well I'm sure you'll have so many more,
so I can let just this one slip away.
For surely there's always tomorrow to make up for an oversight,
and we always get a second chance to make everything just right.
There will always be another day to say "I love you,"
And certainly there's another chance to say our "Anything I can do?"
But just in case I might be wrong,
and today is all I get,
I'd like to say how much I love you and I hope we never forget.
Tomorrow is not promised to anyone,
young or old alike,
And today may be the last chance you get to hold your loved one tight.
So if you're waiting for tomorrow,
why not do it today?
For if tomorrow never comes,
you'll surely regret the day,
That you didn't take that extra time for a smile,
a hug, or a kiss and you were too busy to grant someone,
what turned out to be their one last wish.
So hold your loved ones close today,
and whisper in their ear,
Tell them how much you love them and that you'll always hold them dear
Take time to say "I'm sorry,"
"Please forgive me,"
"Thank you,"
or
"It's okay."
And if tomorrow never comes,
you'll have no regrets about today.

by Dr. H Solomon

No comments: