Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Information Station




A lot has been going under this roof lately...
We'll start with Hannah:
It's getting more difficult to raise a "tween" girl. I know I know it will get harder before easier...blah blah blah ;) (don't I sound like her - lol). She's doing amazing in school. I'm excited about her graduation into middle school. I think she's a little nervous about the homework, but I'm sure she'll do fine. She still loves select soccer and now wants to continue next year. She didn't like it at first - like all kids it's so much exercise and not enough "TV time" - pity! :)
Our latest "drama" is the Internet... I can't express to you enough how it TERRIFIES me (as I type on my "public" blog). I was looking in her email (like a good nosey mom) and found a strange email address sending her emails. It was from an email Hannah sent to some random website on "how to become a mermaid". She's always loved them since she watch Aeriel as a little kiddo and now with the ever popular H2O TV show (which is about teenage mermaids) the popularity is back w/ her and her friends. This person out there was responding to her wanting "information" about her ... her background etc before they could tell her how to become a "mermaid". LUCKILY I stopped it before she could respond. I've changed her password etc until this person is done contacting her. I googled this weird-o and apparently they give advice by "casting spells" to help you become a mermaid... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? I was so sick to my stomach. I had a very long and serious conversation about the dangers of the Internet and how these people are 100% crazy. It scared her to death to hear the things we were telling her, but she needed the buh-geezes scared out of her. She so naive and I love that about this age, but it's terrifying! The psycho spell caster hasn't emailed her in awhile now - thanks to a very "sweet" email from me ... muh wah wah wah {evil laugh}
Other than that she's doing great... :)

Lucas:
Yesterday was his 15 month appt and he's a rock star! He's going through a big growth spurt right now and it makes me so sad. I WANT MY LITTLE BABY BACK! ;)
Stats:
HT: 33 95% (grew 3 inches in 3 months)
WT: 24.8 50%
HC: 49.8 97% (still a melon head - lol)
HE LOVES ELMO SO MUCH! He walks around the house saying his name all the time... "ma-mooowww".
He wants to be outside every moment he's awake.
He loves playing with Hannah and her BFF across the street. When they (Hannah) want to play alone Lucas cries outside her door... he loves them so much, but they need "big kid" time.
His favorite toys: Tonka truck, magnadoodle (thanks Reece!), Elmo LIVE, Aggie plush football, big blocks, all of his outdoor push/play toys.
He loves to give hugs. He will spread his arms so wide and walk up and lay his head on you and say "aaghhhh".
Blowing kisses he thinks is so funny... he even says "mmuuuhhhh waaahhhhh" and then follows it up w/ a bye bye wave. ;)
Snuggling is a must for him. If you are sitting on the floor he will walk up - face you - turn around and walk backwards into your lap to have a seat... lol . We crack up every time he does it.
His new favorite game is: Ring around the Rosie... he laughs and laughs and laughs... , he still loves the "body part" game: where's your eyes, nose, mouth, tongue, belly button etc...
Favorite foods: hmm that's tough - he's not picky at all. Anything he can pick up and eat - bananas, fruit bars, ravioli, Mom's Shepard's Pie (had last night and LOVED it)
Favorite books: Noah's Ark is pbly his favorite, a close second is Brown Bear, Brown Bear..., all of his small (1in x1in) animal books, Goodnight Moon might be tied for the favorite. Every night when we read that. When we get to the page "and the quiet old lady whispering "hush""... BEFORE WE EVEN READ WHAT'S ON THE PAGE - Lucas is putting his finger up to his mouth and doing "hush"... HE'S SO SMART!!!
10 teeth total. He's about to get his last two molars, probably in the next day or so.
He's still very laid back. He doesn't get that upset (rarely) when his toys are shared etc... we are very blessed. Our little guy is amazing.
His vocab consists of: Elmo (of course), mama, ball, bird (which sounds like ball), all animal noises: meow, woof woof, roooaaarrrr for the lion & bear, airplane, Hannah (nana), banana (nana), Papa, dada, thank you (ah-tah), his newest is "BOOOOOMMMM" he says that when he crashes into something.
To be continued...

No comments: