Friday, January 16, 2009

Angel's amoung us...

I met Sarah a little over 2 yrs ago when she was pregnant with sweet Wyatt. After having him she came back to work and I was privileged to meet this sweet angel several times, but got to "know" him through Sarah talking about him everyday.

On Sunday 1/11/09 Wyatt was involved in a horrific accident and was kicked by their family horse. He passed away 1/12/09. Today I went to this angel's funeral. Which was obviously - heartbreaking. Sarah was clutching onto Wyatt's Elmo as she sat their trembling and sobbing... Koy was trying so hard to be strong.
What a tragedy.
By the casket were all of Wyatt's favorite toys: CARS (the movie), Elmo sippy cup, John Deer tractors, stuffed animals etc... (many of the same toys Lucas has). :(
Wyatt looked so sweet and innocent. He had his baseball hat (I think it was the one in the picture below) on along w/ his grandpa's belt buckle, his Uncle's ring and a lovely cross necklace.
My heart breaks for them ...

I ask you to please pray for Sarah and Koy Kittrell as they begin this horrible journey of heartbreak.

Silver lining: In Wyatt's passing 5 other babies were able to be saved due to Sarah & Koy's selfless act of donating his organs. Wyatt WILL live on through those 5 little people...

God bless them.

Wyatt would have turned 2 on Feb. 10th


2 comments:

Ben and Abby said...

Breaks my heart, and just brings tears to my eyes. So so sad. I'm so sorry for the family's loss and for the sadness and pain you feel, as well.

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness- that is such a sad story. I am so sorry that your friends are going through this, no mother should ever have to bury her child.