Thursday, June 12, 2008

family

As some of you may know that I am originally from here. My mom's roots are here :). I was born in Lexingon, SC. Although I claim to be a Texan (been there since I was 3 or 4).
Today I got to see my 2nd cousins and my great Aunt Maude!!! I was so excited to see them. They drove from Columbia (about three hours away) to spend time with us. It's been at least 15 yrs since I've seen a few of them and probably 20 yrs for one of them.
I've been emailing Dottie - mom's cousin - for about 6 years now. It was so good to see her!!! I will admit I got a teary eyed when I saw them! It's been a long time coming.
They all just left and we'll meet up w/ them for dinner at about 7pm. Matt, Larry and Stanley are golfing in the morning and us girlies are hitting the shops! I'm on a mission for a few souveiners (sp?) and BOILED PEANUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

more later :)

No comments: