When I found out I was pregnant I was TERRIFIED to have a boy.... what do you do with a boy??? Do you "tough love"? Do you "drown him with kisses"? Do you incourage football - or golf? OR BOTH?
I don't have any brothers (my poor dad)... I have 3 sisters - I don't know anything about transformers, matchbox cars, bugs, wrestling (OK - I was a HUGE Von Erick fan - I was going to be Mrs. Kerry Von Erick). But, I think you do a little of all of it? Time will tell.
Again, when pregnant I once asked a mom of 8 - "how do you do it? How do you divide your love for each child?" She said "You never divide - you multiply". WELL SAID.
So, needless to say - Hannah was so natural. She is the most amazing little girl I know. I am so excited to see what her future holds - to think - she will be DRIVING IN 6 YEARS - OMG!!!
College in 8 years --- jeez, time flies by so fast.
Hannah adores her little brother. We were kind of worried b/c it's only been "her" for 9 years, but have no fear he is the light in her life. When she comes near him he smiles as big as he possibly can... I love hearing Hannah talk about the "tween" things she talks about - as we all remember everything is a secret. I love that she confides in me.
I love hearing Luke say his first words... the SWEET sound of "dadadadada, blah blah blah, and on occasional mamamama.... Now he's starting BUH BUH BUH (I think it's supposed to bye bye) while squeezing his fist together. He is a ray of sunshine. Truly the happiest baby I have ever seen. Which is good because when I get frustrated with the lack of sleep I get at night I look at him WIDE AWAKE at 2am - he smiles at me and it MELTS my heart. We (Matt, Hannah & I) love witnessing all of his "firsts". I am blessed to have stayed home with both of the kids when they are babies. I would be so sad if someone else witnessed all these "firsts".
I am so excited to see what the future holds for both of these little people.
Hannah 3 & 6 months


Lucas 3 & 6 months
1 comment:
Thank you for sharing. Both your babies, as well as you and Matt, are very special, very precious. I love you. Aunt Janie.
Post a Comment