Saturday, April 30, 2011

Easter this year...

Each year Easter is becoming more and more meaningful to me. My relationship with Jesus is growing so strong! We (Matt and I) are becoming very involved in our church and have been apart of a small church community this year - which has been a huge success in our relationship with each other and Christ.
During Lent- my biggest struggle has been whether or not I should allow Hannah to watch The Passion of The Christ movie? I had not seen it since the theater, but was ready to watch it again. I struggled and prayed so hard over my decision (even talking to a priest about it). I was given "yes'es and no's" for advice....
I mostly wanted her to understand the sacrifice He went through. I wanted her to TRULY understand what He did for US!
Matt and I watched to movie (to refresh our memories) first. I, of course, couldn't hardly watch it, so how could my (almost) 13 yr old???
We decided she just might be too young still....
Good Friday came and we went to mass... and much to my surprise she "got it".
She was so overcome with such strong emotion for what Jesus did for us she left mass TWICE to go compose herself in the bathroom.
I was so glad that I didn't let watch the movie... I think she would not be able to handle it - she is so sensitive.
It's such a hard balance raising your children to be Faithful and desire Christ. We don't want to put too much "pressure" on them - otherwise they could turn against the church? It's so hard to decide what is too much - though???
So, we decided to just live by example and practice good prayer habits at home.
Matt has now started going to the church on Saturday mornings at 7 for prayer and Bible study with the men's group... he really loves it - I'm so proud!
I've really grown to LOVE adoration. I'm involved in the mom's group at the church and we meet several times a month and at the end of our sessions we pray the rosary and go to adoration. What a beautiful gift we have! To be in our Lord's presence... wow!

We are still learning and growing in our Faith, but this year - Easter has meant so much more to us!

No comments: