Monday, October 5, 2009

Our trip to Napa

Matt and I loved having a "second honeymoon" in Napa. Although, on our actual h'moon we were in Sonoma County (Napa's neighbor). We traveled with 10 other people, so there were 12 of us total - 6 couples. It was very nice to get away and talk amongst adults, but I really missed my babies by the 2nd day. We experienced wine in a remarkable way! I have grown to really love and appreciate wine. We were also there during harvest - which was awesome to see them sort the grapes and start the actual wine making process to be ready to drink in 2 years! It was awesome! Most of all - I was so happy to just be with Matt. Here are MANY pictures of our trip - enjoy!


Ehler's Vineyard

our whole group! (12 of us!!!)


beautiful scenery!
Our group at a wine tasting
Whitney and me
Rubicon Vineyard
The largest Sycamore tree that I had ever seen!
At dinner... Matt's a lucky guy, eh?
our teeth are stained purple from the wine - ha!!!
my love
more scenery
Joseph Phelps Vineyard
more of J. Phelps
Quintessa Vineyard...

DelDotto Vineyard. Drinking wine right out of the barrel - way cool!

I love Quintessa!

Let the partyin' begin!
Lisa, Jamor, and Clarissa

All of the ladies: Me, Clarissa, Jamor, Whitney, Lisa and Lauren

California is so pretty!
sooooooooo pretty!

The fruit
Palmaz Vineyard (by far the prettiest)
Fermentation tanks on the right and barrels on the left... we were 200 feet below the Earth in a wine cave!!!
Sodoro Vineyard
Everyone (but Matt and I) stayed together in a HUUUUGGGEEE house. It was 3 levels WITH a guest house big enough for 3 couples! The house was awesome and the view was
BREATH TAKING!
Main room
Dining
The VIEW!!!
The kitchen
On the balcony

We went through the Muir Woods on the way to the airport and took some shots of the Redwoods... so amazing! It smelled so wonderful!
inside a TREE!
Good bye San Fran!
leaving the plane at DFW!

No comments: