Wednesday, February 16, 2011

7lbs 3 oz of LOVE!

It started in the 4th quarter of Superbowl Sunday... which didn't make my hubby too happy :).

I was 2 days past my due date and my contractions were consistantly 3-5 min apart. We went to the hospital hoping they would say "OH YAY, YOU'RE HAVING A BABY TODAY!" They monitored me for a few hours with nothing progressing. They sent me home - since I was scheduled for an induction the next morning at 7am.

When we arrived back at the house - my contractions were MUCH stronger. Strong enough that I couldn't get through one without crying..... so.... back to the hospital we go! In the 12 min drive to the hospital my contractions were a minute or so apart.... and STRONG! When we pulled up (at 12:55am!) I yelled to a nurse I saw in the parking lot that I needed a wheel chair. They took me to labor and delivery and the nurse had to help me get into a gown, because there wasn't any way I could stand upright!

I was dialated to a 6-7. I warned them that I labor fast and to call the DR ASAP. Well, a few minutes later my water broke and the sensation to push was there!

I remember being on my side and the wonderful nurses were telling me NOT to push - to breathe through them and that the DR was on the way. YEAH RIGHT! I tried everything not to push, but Whitney was ready to be born and there wasn't anything anyone could do about it. :)

Finally, the nurses had me turn on my back and PUUUUSSSHHHH.... and she came out in that one push! WHEW! That beautiful sweet tiny little cry was music to my ears! 1:22am she entered this world! That was the FASTEST delivery - it could have happened in the car... oh my!

The DR arrived about 20 min later to finish up everything...

Our parents and my younger sister came up in the middle of the night to meet the newest member of the family. :)
Poor Matt, my sweet hubby, had a stomach bug. :( He held her briefly after she was born, but fearful she might catch that nasty virus. He couldn't stay with me in the hospital - for that same fear... this made me so sad, but I 100% agreed it was best he stay home and get over the virus and not bring it around our new little girl. :(
I am still in awe that I have 3 children. wow! It's funny to think that when our baby - Whitney starts Kindergarten - Hannah will be starting COLLEGE! CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY!

3 children - all 3 births done natural - no medication - no epidural... WOO HOO! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!


my sweet little buttercup!






























Lovin' our family of 5!











My 3 loves!











My girls












I love love love this man!
Fresh out of the oven!
Her room!




No comments: