Here are the highlights of 2009 (well, all the ones that I can think of right now!)
Me:
I'm still at home with Lucas and Hannah. I'm doing a little sewing biz on the side. It's not enough to make money, but it at least gives me the satisfaction of accomplishing something - and it's so fun! I love our new group of friends we went to Napa with. We get together with them pretty frequently. I have my first church retreat coming up in the month of February - I am way excited about that!
As many of you know I had a friend that lost her (almost) 2 year old in 09. It was the saddest thing that I've ever gone through. Which is NOTHING in comparison to what they are going through. It is something that I think about (cry about way too often) everyday. We were pregnant together while working together ... both have boys.... she gave me tons of his "hand me down" clothes as he would grow out of them. It's just so sad :(. I pray for them all the time. Good news is: They just found out they are pregnant again and due in August! YAY!
It's been a huge reality check for me this year..... count your blessings... squeeze your children a little longer, treasure each moment, take lots of pictures. You never know when God will call them back home to Him.
Matt:
Still thankfully employed with the same awesome company. Finally, I can tell by looking at him that he LOVES what he does at work! He was wired to be a Real Estate Developer! I'm so proud of him. The project he's building is so amazing! He took us on a tour recently and it's oh so impressive!
Hannah:
Started middle school! This was HUGE! This meant 7 different classes - more importantly - A LOCKER! Of course - you have to decorate this locker in the coolest (not cutest) fashion! She is taking band in school. Playing the clarinet - and is 1st chair! What a huge accomplishment! Her first recital was surprisingly very good! :) She also had her first "social" at school. It was a huge party outside the school - she loved it!
Also, Hannah for the first time (since Kindergarten) made straight A honor roll! She worked SOOOOOOOOOO hard to earn that amazing report card. We were so proud of her! I GOT MY "I HAVE A STUDENT AT "BLAH BLAH BLAH MIDDLE SCHOOL ON THE HONOR ROLL" BUMPER STICKER!!!!!!!!!!!! My car wears that sticker very proud! AND - she has maintained her honor roll status all year - so far ;).
I've always been proud of my Hannah, but this year - she is exceeding all our expectations. Middle school is her thing!
Started Gymnastics and is doing really well and loves doing all the flips
Still in soccer - she is the BEST goalie - totally fearless.
Lucas: (I will bullet point his - it is easier to read that way)
- He's now officially in his "big boy bed". We just took down his baby crib last weekend and he's doing really well with it.
- His vocabulary is CRAZY! It started out really slow (in comparison to some of his buddies), but now - it's all over... We're actually telling him "ssshhhhh - no more talking for awhile"!
- Still loves his weekly classes we go to!
- He's ridiculously smart! He knows his alphabet song - counting to 10 (almost 15).
- Loves to sing songs and dance!
- Still doesn't like "Little Lambs" at church (the daycare) - which we hope to CHANGE in 2010!
- Looooooooooves to read books. His favorites are: Goodnight Moon (still), Elmo, Mickey, Puppy Love, Thomas the Train
- I LOVE the silly "messed up" words he says. For example: The Wonder Pets (a TV show) is "Luck-Oh-Bye", Aunt Melaine - "AnnMiglane" , Choo Choo Train - "Blue Blue Blee" - I have NO idea why he says them this way, but it MELTS my heart.
- He has the BEST manners of any toddler I've ever seen! Everything is: Please, Thank you, I'm sorry, I love you. He uses all them w/o being told CORRECTLY! That's so sweet!
- Still LOVE trains! He does love all vehicles: trucks, construction trucks, cars, motorcycles etc.....
- Can tell you any sport on tv.... tennis, hockey, golf, basketball, football, and his fav is still BASEBALL!
- Loves playing the Wii with his daddy and Hannah.
- Knows how to work the iPhone like an ADULT! HA!!!
December 2009
1 comment:
Katie: Beautifully written, thank you for sharing your wonderful Family! Love You All!
Post a Comment